Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fordson Soccer

(This is from Michael) Lauren asked me to put a link to the article about the soccer team that I coach. It is from the Dearborn Press and Guide. I am coaching at Fordson High School for the first time this year. It's been pretty fun so far, but a lot of work, responsibility, and sometimes heightened nerves! The article was written about our first game, which we won 8 - 0, (the article says 9 - 0). I can't take much credit for the win....I have a lot of good players, and I just watch and say, "great job! Keep it up!"

My counseling degree is coming in handy, as some of my players seem to be a little on the sensitive side. I had to stop practice last Friday to remind my players that we don't chew each other out when they make a mistake. I told them to use a kind and gentle tone when speaking to their teammates and to be encouraging. Sounds pretty sappy for a guys varsity soccer team!

So here is the article if you want to read it:

http://www.pressandguide.com/stories/082408/spo_20080824014.shtml

1 comment: