Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Family camping trip



We had a fun time camping. The boys did such a great job. They really enjoyed playing around our campsite, the campfires and all the swimming. Addie had gotten her immunizations the day before we left and she was and still is pretty miserable. We ended up leaving before bed on the second night because the tent was so hot and she really needed her sleep.

So, on to the skunk picture....After we put the kiddos to bed, Michael and I were hanging out by the fire, I really had to go to the bathroom, so I took Caleb's hippo flashlight and took the long road to the potty, the flashlight made these crazy noises and I'm sure the other campers were loving me. Also, I'm a bit of a scardy-cat, well a big scardy-cat, I was afraid that some creepy person was going to get me on the road or in the bathroom...I digress...I all the sudden freaked out and ran like a crazy person back to our site. I see our big lantern light on and think oh Michael's worried about me how nice, then I see him in the road...a racoon had woken him up from a little snooze and after he scared it away, he turn and saw a skunk lurking by our fire. He left the lantern and ran in the street. We both decided the best thing to do was get in the car (I know our poor kids, right? they've got wussy parents). I mean skunks really mess you up and we were only 10 feet away. While we were in the car the alarm somehow went off and that scared the skunk away....again with our fellow campers loving us.

click ont the kids pictures to hear more

No comments:

Post a Comment