Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Adeline....



Yup... Late again, but only by a month.




Addie was so excited about turning 3. Ever since Addie saw Melia's ladybug cake she's been asking for a blue birdy cake for her b-day. I wasn't sure how I was going to accomplish that task so one day I took my little errand runner, Nathan, with me and went to the crazy craft store in our neighborhood. We found a real looking blue bird and some little cute birds. And the birdy cake was created with a little help from all the kids...









Addie has really come out of her shell this past year. She was a very calm, quiet baby for the first two years of her life. The past year she has really become a silly, sometimes feisty little girl. I think much of her feistiness began when she was ousted from the baby role in the family and became a big sister. After a good four months of being a big sister she finally embraced the role and her and Melia are getting along quite well. She loves her little sissy and has now embraced the role of being a little mama, which mostly means taking good care of her sister but there are also those times of rule enforcement going on too (I think mainly just to keep me on my toes). She's an awesome big sister.





She's also quite the little sister. She provides lots of entertainment for Caleb. She is often doing little crazy things, that can go unnoticed with all the activity we have going on over here. But sometimes I'll catch Caleb laughing and he'll say "mom, look at Addie, she's crazy." And yup, sure enough she'll be lip synching, making crazy faces to some song, or dancing like a crazy person really the list could go on and on. Nathan has taken her on as an apprentice. He likes things in order and he has decided to take her under his wing and I often hear him giving her lessons on something or another. A few weeks ago her and Michael were the first ones awake and she randomly looked at him and said "I love my boys." He made sure she was indeed referring to her brothers and she confirmed. She has since been calling them her boys.




Grammy found the cutest tea set!





I made her a little baby sling for her dolls.

Snuggling with Bubba.















No comments:

Post a Comment