Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Addie's Antics



Running to me crying in the reptile house at the zoo...
I think something horrible must have happened, someone tried to kidnap her, she almost fell into the turtle pond....
Nope.
Through sobs she says,
"I don't want other people to look at my favorite animal."
Seriously, kid. What is going on. That's crazy! Wow. I've got to deal with that insane idea before I can even get to the bigger one...An alligator cannot be your favorite animal- Mommy hates them. They are creepy and ugly and give me bad dreams.

____________

Me: Addie, please take that pop tab out of your mouth. (One of Caleb's many collection pieces).
Addie: It's not a mouth mommy, it's a bathtub for it.
Me: Huh?

(She's not mad in this picture, she makes faces like this all the time to be funny)
________________

Addie: Mommy where is Melia's Daddy?
Me: You mean your Daddy, too?
Addie: No, you my Mommy and dat's Melia's Daddy.
Me: Can't we both be your Mommy and Daddy?
Addie: No. Daddy's Melia's and you're mine.
Me: What about the boys? Am I their Mommy and Daddy their Daddy?
Addie: No

~She's been keeping this idea up for about a week now. She really calls Michael Melia's Daddy most of the time. Sometimes she slips up and calls him Daddy but she's pretty sure of her theory here. She's proud that Melia's her sister and the boys are her boys, but I'm solely her mommy. I feel badly for the boys who at ages 5 and 6 are parentless. More craziness from the cutie.

Although, upon further thought maybe she is thoroughly confused...Michael has been hammering it in Melia's head that his name is Daddy. She called him Michael for a few months. So maybe Addie's thinking that since he doesn't tell her 50 times a day his name 'is Daddy' like he does to Melia he's not her daddy. (Melia is now successfully calling him Daddy)
__________

I love my nutty little girl!

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud...she is TOO CUTE! I love it when you can get a glimpse inside their funny little heads :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. cracks me up. love her.

    ReplyDelete