Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Book Thief--Book Review

Since I can't remember anything anymore, I decided to start blogging about the books I've read. So many times I totally forget what a book was about. So here's my first review:

The Book Thief is totally different than any book I've read. It is a story about a young girl in Nazi Germany, told by Death. Yup, that's right, death is telling the story. Sounds eerie I know, but I really enjoyed it. Reading about Hitler's craziness through the eyes of a German citizen was interesting. Those poor people were punished if they supported Jews in anyway. There was an awful part in the book about "the parade of Jews." So ridiculous that stuff like this happened and is still happening in parts of the world. Check out what's going on in Darfur.

So pretty much, it was a good book and I'd recommend reading it. Good pick mom.

1 comment: