Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby Love

The Hensleys, the Easts, the McBrides, and the Sinclair Family are loving on their Ethiopian babies as I type this! They are the first group to travel from AGCI since the Ethiopian courts have reopened. Oh, what joy. They are finally united with their children they have been waiting for. If you get a chance, please pray for each of these families that the transition time with their children would go smoothly and that they all bond well with their new families.

Wow...I'm still so amazed that we'll be meeting our babe in 21 days. I get butterflies in my stomach just typing that! I'm so excited.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting. Thanks for linking everyone's site. So fun to visit each one and dream about what they are doing right now!!!! YOu'll be there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for each and every family. I follow everyones blogs and love them!!! I'm sooo happy for you all. Praying for you all:) God Bless.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed for each family as I read their blogs. Sometimes it was almost hard to catch my breath, so much excitement & anticipation!!

    I especially appreciated all the insights & suggestions the Hensleys had for helping with the transition once you are home with your new babies! I'm praying that extended families will understand how important this time is for attachment & transition!!

    So SOON you folks will also be on your way to Ethiopia, too!! Your "gotcha day" is fast approaching! I am so excited for you that I have goose bumps!

    JP & I were talking about Melia being home in Detroit for the first time...will it be snowing? Will she wonder what that white cold stuff floating in the air is?

    A mommy & daddy & three incredible siblings loving her! Caleb with his blonde hair & serious thoughtfulness - but his goofy side too! Nathan with his dark hair & sometimes sensitive personality - but there is that goofiness in him too! And Addie with her awesome curls & big blue eyes, and how she loves her "babies"!

    This is your family Melia!! They have waited SO long for you & love you so much!! We're praying that you find security & contentment in the fact that you are finally home. And that your family will have the love & patience & understanding to meet whatever needs you have as you adjust!

    We love you all so much!!

    ReplyDelete