Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Homestudy Update




So I just finished reviewing our homestudy. It's almost all ready to be sent in. Our children's medical forms need to be filled out again. Gina was mailing them to us to have a date included next to the signature and they were lost in the mail. So I need to go to the dr's and have them fill the form out again. It should be too hard.


My issue now is that the wait time for referral is about 5-6 months. I'm worried that we'll get our referral right before the courts close in Ethiopia and have to twice as long to travel. I know that one way or the other we'll be waiting but I'll be so emotionally unstable waiting months and months knowing who our babe is and not being able to go get her. More than my usual emotional unstableness:) Gina our homestudy social worker wrote that I'm stable and a good parent, so that makes me feel good. Anyway....Trying to figure out do we wait until March to send our dossier in or just send it when everything's ready. We'll probably end up just sending it. I just like to find things to stress about because I don't have enough going on here already.


But really the wait is hard once you have the referral. My sister, Aimee, is in the after referral wait stage and it's rough. Micah is so stinking cute and all of us just want to kiss his cute face....His momma especially, they've received his referral about 2 months ago. Hopefully they'll hear about travel info soon:) Look at those sweets lips....


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog. We are also using AGCI and are a little behind you in the process. Looking forward to following your journey!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. just popped in on your blog. we just sent in our dossier to AGCI & i have a similar fear of getting a referral right before the courts close! leaps of faith, right?! Blessings on your journey!

    ReplyDelete