Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Monday, January 31, 2011

New Look Disclaimer


Today as I was posting on the blog Caleb was watching me and said "Why does it say Growing Gothros?" He wasn't too impressed by the title and honestly I've never been a big fan of the name either. So we spent some time brain storming (all potty names were quickly eliminated--pun intended) and we remembered the Bible verse about how we are supposed to shine like stars in this rough world. So we are gonna work on shining over here. Good news is that Christ can still shine through us even when we're ugly and cranky and undeserving.

My boys did get to shine some light on a few men who are without homes today. I have a feeling that seeing Caleb and Nathan with their tender hearts brought a little light into lives.

A month ago as they were leaving a hockey game, the boys met a man named Clayton who does not have a home. He left quite an impression on the boys and they have been wanting to help him. Today armed with MickyD's gift certificates they set out to find him. They did and he told them a bit about his life. He lost both of his legs due to frost bite and he spends his days bundled under numerous sleeping bags trying to get through the day.

Michael was really touched by the time he spent with this man and mentioned him numerous times today. At dinner he asked the boys what they thought God wanted us to do for this man. Their first answer - "Be his friend" followed by "bring him hot cocoa." Michael's planning on following through with those ideas and praying the next steps fall into place.

Have I mentioned how much I love all three of my tender hearted boys?

So back to the title.... We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Oh and, why does blogger have to have that picture be so huge? I'm not computer techy enough to know how to fix my it. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I can help you with the photo size. :)

    And you guys are certainly shining stars in MY life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the big photo :) but that may just be me.

    I Love that your children's hearts are being moved for HIM! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete