Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Friday, October 8, 2010

My boys are amazing...

Many times I'm very consumed with the girls. They are alway creating drama or I'm tired from chasing them around so I don't always notice how fun my boys are. I'm trying to notice more of the cute things they do these days. A couple days ago, I walked outside and found this...

and this on the other side of the yard. I laughed and laughed. They are always creating games and are usually oblivious to the rest of the world (which can be frustrating). They were totally entralled in there little world that they barely noticed me, even with my loud laughter.

Here Caleb's making us pizza bagels for lunch. He did a really good job and even cleaned up after himself. I just had to cut the bagels. Oh, and he said he really needed a thing that covers up your stomach before he started. And didn't mind my flowery one that hasn't been worn in years, or maybe ever---good thing my grandma doesn't read this.
Then there's this cuteness.
We just got the boys their own "real" Bibles, not the children's abridge ones. Nathan reads his in the morning while he eats his breakfast, just like his daddy. He's so funny. I was encouraging him to start in the New Testament, but he refused. He's now on Genesis 6. I'm hoping some awkward conversations don't come out of this. The other day I heard him read "and then he laid with his wife" and I ran out of the room! That's good parenting for you.
Cute boys on the soccer field.
Caleb's super competitive and always knows what's happening during the game and where the ball is. I call Nathan our little intimidator these days. His main goal is to distract the other players (usually the other team) by running circles around them and making goofy faces at them and just being as crazy as possible. Hey, I'm just glad he doesn't pee on the field anymore!

I just wanted to share some thoughts about how awesome my boys are! I'm so blessed by them and I'm amazed at how much they love each other and their sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I love those boys!!! Thanks for sharing some of their cuteness. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol to running out of the room! that is totally me! love them!

    ReplyDelete