Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Wow- That's what they think of me?

It's been a while since I posted anything.   I saw these cute questions on Peas and Thank You and thought I needed a good laugh so I interviewed my kids.   I asked them questions separately so they won't be swayed by each other's opinions of me.   


1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
Addie: You're so cute.
Nathan: Don't do that.


Melia: Melia Serawit


Caleb:  Clean up your room.
*I just told him 2 minutes earlier to clean his room*

2. What makes Mommy happy?
Addie: Me.
Nathan: Doing the right thing.
Melia:  Kidalee


Caleb:  When we clean our bedroom and do things without you telling us to.

3. What makes Mommy sad?
Addie:  Me not letting you think that I'm cute.
Nathan: When I do the wrong thing.


Melia: Um like stepping on your toe.


Caleb:  When we don't do what you tell us to.



4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
Addie: Tickling me.
Nathan: When I scare you.
*I'm a bit jumpy and just might scream when I walk into a room I thought was empty.  Unfortunately, this happens more than I'd like to admit.  Do I need therapy?*
Melia:  Like tickle me.


Caleb:  You don't.
*That's not true.  He really thinks I'm funny.  He just forgot.*

5. What was Mommy like as a child? 
Addie:  A baby
Nathan:  You were a kid who looked like me.
Melia:  Me


Caleb:  Like Nathan.

6. How old is Mommy?
Addie: What does it start with.... come on give me hint, just give me a hint.... what number does it start with? 
Nathan: 31
Melia: 6


Caleb:  Turning 33
*I ask Caleb often how old I am because I can't remember.*

7. How tall is Mommy? 
Addie: 3 inches
Nathan: 9 feet


Melia:  Taller than Daddy


Caleb:  A little shorter than Daddy.

8. What is Mommy’s favorite thing to do?
Addie: Tickle me
Nathan: Doing the computer.
Melia:  Do computer


Caleb:  I don't know.
*Apparently, I'm on the computer a lot.*





9. What does Mommy do when you’re not around?
Addie:  Just play 
Nathan:  Sit around


Melia:  Play with me.


Caleb:  I don't know, I'm not here.

10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
Addie: Going to a pretend castle that's not real.
Nathan:  Being a general and make them win the war.
Melia:  If you can dance.


Caleb: Having fun.

11. What is Mommy really good at?
Addie:  Tickling me
Nathan:  Talking and doing the computer
Caleb:  Field Hockey
Melia:  Preschool



12. What is Mommy not very good at?
Addie:  
Nathan: Playing wii.


Caleb:  Mario Cart Wii
Melia:  You know how to pee but you don't know how to poop.

13. What does Mommy do for her job?
Addie:  Fixing Daddy
Nathan: Take care of us.


Caleb:  She's in charge of the library at CHUP and teaches at ACE
Melia:  With the boys

14. What is Mommy’s favorite food?
Addie:  Chicken
Nathan:  Rice and Chicken Caleb's recipe


Caleb:  My special recipe.
Melia:  Salad


 15. What makes you proud of Mommy?

Addie:  Your eyebrows
Nathan:  When you give us grace.
Caleb:  How much work she does.
Melia:  You're arm.  (as she hugs me)

16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Addie:  Quincy on Little Einstiens
Nathan: Sponge Bob
Caleb:  The main character.
Melia:  Addie or Melia
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
Addie:  Tickle your chothers.
Nathan:  Read together.
Caleb:  Go on mommy dates
Melia:  Tickle your chothers.
*the girls came up with the same answer one their own. word for word.*

18. How are you and Mommy the same?
Addie:  Because our eyebrows are the same
Nathan:  I think the same color of hair
Caleb:  We have a lot of the same DNA
Melia:  Very much.  Our hair is black.

19. How are you and Mommy different?
Addie: Our hair is different
Nathan:  I'm a boy and you're a girl
Caleb:  We like different sports
Melia:  Like nothing

18.  How do you know mommy loves you?
Addie:  Because you say 'you're so cute.'
Nathan:  Because you give us bednight kisses.
Caleb:  By giving us grace.
Melia:  So much, really.  Very much.

21. Where is Mommy’s favorite place to go?
Addie:  To West Virginia.
Nathan:  Java Jungle because you get alone time.
Caleb:  Flying kites in the summer.
Melia:  At Michigan



I love my funny kids.  

1 comment:

  1. super hilarious Lauren -- I loved reading their responses!! I especially loved Addie's response to what you do: Fixing Daddy :)

    Love,
    Lori
    P.S. miss you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete