Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Classical Conversations, otherwise known as CC

I've mentioned that we are homeschooling this year. Caleb started out going to a Montessori school that our district runs in the beginning of the year and after the first few months I decided I'd rather have him at home with me. You can read more about that decision here.

We've been doing a program called Classical Conversations since January and we'll continue with it next year. Angel did a great job explaining what CC is and so I'm directing you to her blog (click on blog) if you want to learn more about it!

I've been amazed at how much my kids have learned in a few short months. With the new babe and my tiredness, schooling hasn't been high on my priority list but the boys are learning a ton. One thing they're learning is "skip counting". Numbers 1 -12 put to music 2,4,6,8.... you get the point. Well, in the past few weeks there have been times when they put this to use and are essentially multiplying at ages 4 and 6. Last week Caleb asked when we are going on vacation. I said "in a month, about 4 weeks." He thought for a minute then whispered "7, 14, 21, 28" then loudly exclaimed "28 days!"

If you're in the area and are interested our CC campus is having info meetings on March 22nd and April 12th. Let me know if you want more info.

2 comments:

  1. This is good to know. I have been praying for months since we have brought our second child home that God would provide the means for me to quit working FT and stay at home, and homeschooling is something I have been considering heavily if that happens.
    Carrie
    www.hiswillandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the blog post from Angel. We read all the CC stuff awhile ago, but it was great to have a "refresher course" :-)
    Praying for you as a woman of God, wife, mother, teacher & etc & etc!!

    ReplyDelete