Shine Like Stars

Shine like stars in the universe as we hold out the Word of life (Phil. 2:15)
We're not trying to be rock stars but just shed some light on a sad and lonely world. Stay tuned for how God works through weak and tired, sometimes really cranky vessels.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

What a wonderful peanut butter jar



My lovely family has been so supportive with our adoption. My brother’s family just had a bottle drive for us. They passed out 400 flyers and collected and returned over 4,000 bottles!!! We are amazed by all the work they put into this effort.

It’s not like they have a ton of free time. They are a very busy family of 9 and have a lot on their plate. Seriously, I’m so blessed by these guys. I’m also so impressed by the idea, they’re super creative.

I also received zip-lock baggie of cash this week from my sister’s kids who had a lemonade stand for us and raised $95! Those kids worked hard for usJ They are all so excited about our adoption, it’s awesome.

My other nieces and nephews gave us their allowance that they had worked and saved. Their generosity is so humbling and encouraging.

I feel so blessed to be the youngest of 5 siblings who are raising their children to be sacrificial givers. I often watch their parenting skills and take notes on what I should do! How great is that. I have the best nieces and nephews everJ I love that they are so invested in their new cousin. I can’t wait to bring her home to them!




No comments:

Post a Comment